July 31, 2015 in Durham, NC
[Check your invitation for invite code or contact Sara Katsanis to obtain the code.]
The Duke Task Force for Neonatal Genomics gets together with participating families, researchers and doctors associated with the study for a day of sharing information, data and stories. This year the Duke Genomes Family Forum will be held on Friday, July 31, 2015 at the Durham Convention Center in Durham, North Carolina.
The Forum is open to enrolled family members and extended family. Families enrolled in the study will receive an invitation by email or in the mail to attend the Forum. We will provide a small stipend for attending families. Assistance with childcare will be available during the sessions.
- Interact with researchers, clinicians and other families enrolled in the study
- Hear family stories and how genome sequencing is used or hoped to be used
- Help launch the Family Advisory Board
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Adult assistants will be available to help with childcare, but families must arrange their own care for special needs
- Schedule is under development, but the event is expected to go from 8:30am – 5pm – more details and schedules will be sent to registered participants in July.